Monday, February 18, 2013

UX that worked - iPhone contact forwarding

A while ago, my wife needed the phone number of a friend that I had saved in my iPhone that she didn't have in hers. We were texting at the time, so I looked up the friend's contact information and was ready to either memorize the number or write it down to text it back to my wife.

When I found the friend in my contacts app I saw a button I never noticed before, 'Send Message,' on the contact info page. When I tapped it I was able to forward the contact, with all the information I saved on the person, to my wife like it was a text message. It even included an icon that made it recognizable as a contact and not just a text of the friend's name.

This is the kind of thing that makes me excited. I had an action I wanted to perform, and while trying to figure out how to execute it I found a feature I hadn't noticed before that let me do exactly what I was trying to do easily and quickly. I was impressed that I could tap a button or two instead of trying to hold the phone number in my memory long enough to type it up in a text or having to write it down so I could make sure I gave my wife the right number. It's not the fanciest feature, but it made my day a little easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment